Thursday 24 March 2011

Boom

Finally,after lusting after the classic Roland TR808 drum machine since I was around 16 or 17 I finally have one to call my own. It was around 1991 when i started making music,i had a Novation Bass Station rack,707,a good friends 202 (on occasion),Roland MC303 and an R8 drum machine. It was by my own admission not that good but I took cues from the likes of Richie Hawtin and Conemelt to make recordings direct to tape. All midi synced up,no cubase and all on the fly.
The closest I came to owning an 808 was when I saw one in Johnny Roadhouse for £500,i saved but it went well before I had a chance.This one I now own was an ebay win ,I put a bid in thinking it wouldn't win (I was at work bored) and it won.The price was surprisingly lower than the current average and voila.

In other news I shaved the beard off today but i'll be growing it back.Went for alot of walking about town today and went past this building in Ancoats again,i'm not sure what it used to be but it has obviously been renovated and will undoubtedly be luxury flats or office space.

No comments:

Post a Comment